Setting up a Netgear extender requires login. Netgear extender login can be performed by accessing the mywifiext page. However, sometimes, users might see an error message when they try to log into their extender. If you are also facing the same issue, then we are here to help you. In this article, we will provide you various troubleshooting tips that will help you fix the issue. So, read on.
Resolved: I Can’t Access Mywifiext Page
Sometimes, the ‘can’t access the mywifiext page’ issue occurs because mywifiext.net is not a regular internet website. It is a local web address that is used to access the settings of your wireless range extender.
Besides, many reasons can prevent you from accessing the mywifiext page. Following are the reasons along with the troubleshooting tips to get rid of the issue:
Bring Your Extender Close to the Router
Have you placed your extender and router in different rooms? If the answer to the question is yes, then you have placed your extender incorrectly. It is advised to place both WiFi devices in the same room. Doing so will ensure a strong connection between them. The connection would be stronger if you connect both these devices with the help of an Ethernet cable.
But, placing both devices in the same room will not be sufficient. You also have to take care of several things. Keep the following points in mind while placing your extender:
- The room in which you’ve placed your WiFi device should be clean and well-ventilated.
- Place your wireless extender away from Bluetooth devices, electronic gadgets, and reflexive surfaces. It will prevent your extender’s WiFi signals from being interfered.
- Reboot Your Extender
A technical glitch can also prevent you from accessing the mywifiext page. Therefore, reboot your wireless extender. All you need is, unplug your WiFi device and wait for some time. Thereafter, plug it back into the wall socket and turn it on.
- Use an Updated Web Browser
Another reason that is stopping you from accessing the mywifiext page is your outdated web browser. It is always recommended to use an updated web browser to log in to the Netgear extender.
Also, a cached version of the mywifiext page can create issues while accessing the login page of your extender. Therefore, navigate to your browser’s settings and clear its cookies, cache, and browsing history. Once done, check if the issue resolves. If not, then switch to another web browser.
- Enter the Correct Log In Details
Users can’t access the mywifiext page due to the use of incorrect login details. Probably, you are also be doing the same. So, cross-check the login credentials you have entered. Remember that the default username and password are case-sensitive. You have to be cautious while typing them.
- Reset Your Netgear Extender
If you are still unable to access the mywifiext page, then perform a factory default reset of your WiFi device. It will delete all the customized settings from your extender.
Follow the instructions given below to restore your Netgear wireless extender to factory default settings:
- Switch on your Netgear WiFi extender and ensure that it is getting a fluctuation-free power supply.
- Wait until the power LED on your Netgear wireless extender turns solid green.
- Now, find the Reset button on your WiFi device.
- Once found, grab a sharp object and press the Reset button with its help.
- Hold the button for a moment and release it.
- As soon as you release the Reset button, the extender will get restored to the factory default settings.
This time you will get success in accessing the mywifiext page. Now, reconfigure your extender by following the instructions mentioned on the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
It is necessary to resolve the ‘can’t access the mywifiext page’ issue as this page is a gateway to configure your extender. We hope that you will be able to get it fixed with the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this article.