You will see many available options on the internet while searching for the online platform for your ecommerce store. However, for the fresh entrepreneurs, the following are the most popular and common choices:
- WordPress/Woo Commerce/Magneto
- Website Builders
WordPress, Woo Commerce, and Magneto are popular content management systems (CMS) in the eCommerce world. Wherein, each of them has some pros and cons. Such as:
- WordPress is easy to use comparatively, yet it requires a learning curve for beginners. Yet it is known for its versatile library of plugins available.
- However, to build an eCommerce website using WordPress or WooCommerce, you must have proper knowledge of eCommerce plugins to incorporate the proper functionality.
- Whereas, Magento requires a relatively greater skillset. The edge that makes it more powerful is its wider customization options to build within an ecommerce store. But never forget, you will take a lot of time to work with Magneto if you’re not skilled enough or willing to hire someone who is.
Website builders, by far, are the easiest options for the new ecommerce entrepreneur. Their reason for being the first choice of entrepreneurs is, they are designed according to usability at a very beginner level. This amazing ease of use allows anyone to build a website quickly and easily.
A website builder that supports ecommerce should allow you to easily add:
- Product pages
- Product images
- Product description
- Product availability status
- Fundamental SEO fields
- Product reviews
- Shopping Cart
- Wish list
As discussed above, there are a few limitations of CMS like WordPress, Magneto, and Woo Commerce. So, overall, website builders serve many advantages over them such as:
- They are an incredibly cheaper option to build out your website.
- No need to buy a separate theme and potentially hire a web designer to build out your website. You can do it all by yourself.
- Low monthly fee and lower initial capital as no need to pay to a hired designer.
- Not every website builder requires explicit plugins/add-ons installations.
Analyze your eCommerce Website’s requirements
Prior to building your eCommerce store, you should invest time in planning the website’s requirements. Consider what requirements your website should meet and how to manage them efficiently. To understand this concept, let’s dig into the requirements below.
The first step in building an ecommerce website is to analyze the requirements. Find out what pages and categories you need to include. Thus, you’ll be needing:
- A home page
- Different pages for each product
- A navigation bar that helps the customers explore your website
But the question is, how to organize the product pages? You organize the products by classifying them according to their categories. Then link those product pages to their parent categories. So this is the basic architecture that customers look for in an ecommerce website.
For example, if you’re a clothes’ seller, you might list the clothes that your visitors buy the most. Suppose, the following scenario, your visitors buy formal clothes more than casual ones.
- Formal Clothes
- Casual Clothes (add more products in this category)
According to this case, you will add more products to the formal clothes category. This is how you identify what to include in your ecommerce store. Besides, this strategy saves your money as well from overstocking the wrong items.
There are two types of visitors to your ecommerce store. Many of your visitors know where to go to make their purchases. While others will require a search bar to find the product they want to buy. This search bar feature is essential as every newcomer might need it to find what they’re looking for.
Let’s read three perspectives of the benefits the reviews serve.
- How reviews can help online shoppers? Undeniably, over half of regular online shoppers read reviews almost every time before making their purchases. Thus, they believe that the reviews reflect the product quality. So, reading product reviews has become a quite popular part of the buying process.
- In addition to this, as reviews are comments-based, they allow customers to communicate with each other regarding products. This way of customer satisfaction is considered more powerful than your customer support can deliver.
- How this feature can enhance customers’ trust in your business? Well, enabling the reviews feature from any third parties signifies that you appreciate the honest feedback. This is something big that appeals to your customers. Also, this uplifts their trust that your products must be of good quality that you confidently accept reviews on them.
- How reviews can help you with stock planning? Well-reviewed and most-reviewed products let you know that you can stock them more as they are most loved; producing more revenue. Whereas, bad-reviewed products help you improve your business results progressively.
You must have seen by yourself, online shopping pattern doesn’t incorporate the quick purchase for every item. Similarly, firstly, online shoppers continue browsing the ecommerce store for the products they want. Then, they complete the checkout process once for all of them. This is how the shopping cart helps shoppers to collect the items smoothly then proceed to checkout.
A wish list is different from a shopping cart. It has its own characteristics such as:
- It allows shoppers to create personalized collections of products they want to buy. This collection is saved in their user account for future reference.
- Shoppers can add out-of-stock items to the wish list (but not in the cart). With this feature, shoppers can keep checking their availability.
- Sometimes, the budget limitations can stop buyers from completing their purchases for the items they want to buy. So, shoppers can come back later to buy them when possible.
This article recommends website builders over CMS as per the utilities. But you don’t need to always go for the former one. You can choose any of the two based on the size of your business. But what retailers look for is ease of use with a lesser fee, right? Whereas, ease of use also refers to eliminating the additional stress of configuring add-ons and third-party plugins. Well, to choose the right website builder for your eCommerce store, you’ve to do thorough research. But does it sound like a big hassle? No worries. We’re here with one fine suggestion for you – go for 3S Cart. This is a comprehensive eCommerce platform to build your eCommerce store with simple and easy steps. Plus, it has android and iOS apps as well. Moreover, it also helps to improve your online presence. And the best thing about this software is, unlike CMS, you don’t have to buy or install any third-party add-ons. Besides that, it has some professionally designed themes available, all you need to do is to pick your favorite one! What else do you want? Go and check it for more information.